Homegrown works through the power of neighbors who like to grow abundant gardens and food forests, but don’t want to manage a business for it all.
It’s different from listing on Facebook Marketplace or apps like Farmish, which are great if you want to list & manage all of your own inventory, set prices, and handle inquiries from many different buyers.
Homegrown is for small food producers who just want to contribute the fruits of their labor, without all the extra work.
Here’s how it works.
👩🌾 Food producers
- Tell us what you have to offer: veggies, fruit, eggs… Any quantity is fine!
- We’ll reply via email to ask you for details about your products.
- We’ll give you a link to schedule a time for pickup (at your location) or drop off (at our location). Whichever you prefer.
- Browse what’s currently available, and place your order anytime
- Get it delivered to you within 24 hours of ordering
- Enjoy the delicious, healthy food with friends and family, knowing it’s from a family like yours :-)
Homegrown handles everything in between, transparently and efficiently.
Our model is still brand-new, and will surely evolve, so follow along to watch us learn and grow in public. 😌
Because we’re handling food, we have a duty to share our process and make sure we’re doing everything as safely as possible.
Long-term, the goal is to document every step. Until that’s done, you can submit questions and information requests to [email protected].